Trenchers (from walk-behind to heavy-duty tractor models) available to dig trenches, especially for laying of pipes and cables and installing drainage.
ADVANTAGES OF TRENCHING TO CONVENTIONAL EXCAVATION
- Continuous excavation of soil results in efficiency and speed that exceeds any conventional excavation
- Minimize trench excavation volume and maximise the reuse of soil as bedding and backfill
- Quicker backfill and neater clean up of the site
- Width of the trench can easily be adjusted
- Much less manpower required
- Safer and with lower environmental impact